<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://zeefashionista.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Zee Fashionista: Going larger than life with the J&B Met

1.20.2011

Going larger than life with the J&B Met


ONE BIG PARTY: Revellers at last year's J&B Met

"Larger Than Life" is this year's J&B Met theme and what a perfect theme it is for an event known for its extravagance, sophistication and über-chic crowd.

I'm a Met virgin myself, so when I think J&B Met, all I think about is the glamour and elegance, the many fashion faux pas, tons of celebrities, wannabe fashionistas, horses and very few parched people, what with the J&B that will be flowing all day long.

But it's not as simple as that.

Afterall, the J&B Met is in its 34th year running and taking place in Cape Town on the 29th of January this year, it is the country's largest annual outdoor social event.

What's more, as Race Seven of the top ten races on raceday, the Met is blocked out in almost all race-lovers diaries, as they watch 16 of South Africa's best horses compete for a share of R2,5 million.

So seeing as I'll be one of the lucky 50 000 people at this year's event sashaying around the Kenilworth Racecourse in my custom-made gown, I bring you my list of the J&B Met's top attractions.

The fashion

FASHIONISTAS ABOUND
: Every year, the Met brings together South Africa's finest fashionistas

Many of South Africa's hippest fashion designers work tirelessly to create outstanding Met ensembles for the country's glitterati. Unsurprisingly, some designers have even been known to create specific Met ranges (the drama).

Since bold is the buzzword this year, with the theme calling on massive outfits and oversized accessories, I expect to see super stylish, over-the-top outfits and also some devilish Lady Gaga attires (those at risk, take heed - only Gaga can wear certain outfits). I swear, Joan Rivers would have a field day with some of the outrageous outfits people wear.

The prize
GOODY TWO SHOES: The boys from Kwela Tebza looking suave at Met in 2010
Then, of course, I cannot wait for the highly-anticipated J&B Most Elegant Couple Competition hosted by eTV's news anchor James Lennon at 15h05.

The first prize includes, amongst others, a R25 000 Seekers travel voucher (I die!), while the other prizes include jewellery, sunglasses and Cavendish Square gift vouchers. And you know us fashionistas, we love free stuff. I trust this years judges Ryk Neethling, Michael Mol, Jo-Ann Strauss, Roxy Louw, Jeannie D and the YFM twins, Hlelo and Ntanda Masina will do a stellar job.

There is so much to look forward to and still so much shopping on my part to be done. (I also hear Fedde Le Grand - the Dutch DJ famous for the house single "Put Your hands Up 4 Detroit" - will also be rocking the official J&B Met afterparty). More deets will come on my J&B Met experience. Until then, for more information on the Met, click here.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At April 13, 2013 at 11:50 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good post. I learn something totally new and challenging
on websites I stumbleupon everyday. It will always be exciting to
read articles from other writers and practice a little something from other websites.


my web page; paydayloanspup.co.uk

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home